Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Digital Workplace - Development of new IT workstation systems and mobile solutions based on Microsoft Office 365
- Work globally in an internal infrastructure team
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a global service provider control their delivered services for Workplace operations.
- Check regularly service delivery reports of the service provider for the Digital Workplace services and claim corrective actions or demand necessary service changes
- Create and maintain hardware/system software design and layout documentation. Document system procedures.
- Plan and perform Operating System and layered software installations and upgrades. Create contingency plans for all changes and implementations.
- Administer user accounts, printers, directories, file systems, and other support tasks to ensure system integrity and consistency.
- Responsible for integrity of system backups and procedures.
- Investigate and evaluate new and emerging IT technologies.
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members. Provide support or mentoring and training as required to broaden team’s overall skillset.
- Participate in project teams and ensure integration of activities needed to meet project goals.
- Provide technical support to applications developers and DBAs.
- Train support personnel to troubleshoot systems. Provide documentation as required.
- Prepare Capital Project Implementation Plans for corporate committee review and approval.
- Out-of-area travel to attend training and user groups, or as necessary. (secondary)
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Completed AS or higher degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or similar programs; or comparable qualifications/certifications with practical experience.
- Minimum two to four (2-4), ideally three (3), years experience in Systems Administration
- Knowledge of current technologies and developments in one or more subject areas
- Minimum of 2 years infrastructure/network discovery, design, build, and migration experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in 3 of the following areas:
- Collaboration Technologies (O365, Email, jabber, Cisco WebEx)
- Mobility Technologies (InTune, Airwatch)
- Single Sign-on (Microsoft)
- Core Workplace Services (AD, DNS, DHCP, File Services, SharePoint, Print Services)
- Cloud Storage (Azure)
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Citrix, Azure)
- Infrastructure technology certifications including but not limited to Azure/Microsoft Collaboration/Cisco (desired skill)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team ability, reliability and a purposeful and independent way of working
- High commitment, flexibility and dedication
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Mid to senior level experience and knowledge in computer hardware and operating systems.
- Experience with multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills and techniques.
- Proficient in use of Siltronic standard Project Management methodology and experience managing projects.
- Effective team interaction and leadership skills.
- Extensive understanding of Networking protocols and devices.
- Self-directed work habits.
- Programming and analytical skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability in crisis management.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Experience with applications development environment and database support.
- Able to be on-call and provide off-hours support.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Willing to travel internationally as business needs dictate
- Require telephone usage, sitting, standing, walking, ability to use keyboard and mouse.
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Administrator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Portland, OR 97210 (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts