Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing to support and improve manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues, performing and documenting fixtures and equipment maintenance, and updating process documentation. Assists Manufacturing Engineers with projects through building or procuring test equipment and performing testing, including process validations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing Engineering, utilizing various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Nonin Quality System.
- Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Supports periodic volume increases through testing of production product following applicable processes and procedures.
- Required Education & Experience::
- High school Graduate.
- Trade school or trade specific training.
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities::
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Follow Manufacturing Engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
- Background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting
- Ability to develop and execute a detailed test plan.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resources
- Prior experience in an electronics device manufacturing environment
- Experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO
- Ability to use and understand general test equipment including DVM, electrical power supplies, force gages, etc.
- Sit/stand/walk 8 hrs/day
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Company Benefit Plan includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(k) Retirement plan with Company match
- On site Chef
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Electronics: 2 years (Required)
License or certification:
- Driver's License (Required)