Gladding McBean in Lincoln, CA is a manufacturer of vitrified clay pipe for sewers, clay roof tile, piazza clay floor tile, glazed terra cotta pottery, architectural terra cotta, sacked mortar clay, chimney tops and caps. We are a proud member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of Companies
Under the supervision of the Accounting/Admin Manager, this position is responsible for accounts payable, and basic administrative support; and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer phone in a polite and courteous manner. Direct calls and voicemails to appropriate parties.
- Monitor incoming faxes through Outlook and forward to appropriate parties.
- Check outside mailbox for proof of deliveries, mail, for inbound loads, and raw material tickets; sort and distribute to the appropriate parties.
- Check Outlook for vendor invoices that were emailed.
- Orders and stocks office supplies, ordering through Office Depot account.
- Responsible for processing Accounts Payable (Vendor) Invoices.
- Written and verbal communications with plant management, operations support staff, and Subsidiary finance department.
- Scan incoming Accounts Payable Invoices.
- Answers Vendor Inquiries.
- Reconcile Vendor statements.
- Can provide Management with purchasing reports as requested.
- Participates in maintaining Vendor relationships, aware of contracts and pricing increases.
- Participate in physical inventory count
- Participates in Adopt-A-Family activities – may include fundraising, delivering items, etc.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the company or its designated representatives.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma and equivalent experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and must be able to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers, and superiors.
- Basic math, writing and reading skills required.
- Working skills with Microsoft Excel and Word (SAP experience preferred, but not required).
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen; stand, walk, and sit; and able to walk up and down the stairs.
- Occasionally drive a personal vehicle to run errands.
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist; Lift and/or move up-to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office environment with moderate noise.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty, dirty.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace