About the Organization:
The Arc Prince George’s County serves more than 600 individuals with disabilities through a variety of programs, services and supports. Our primary areas of support are community living, family and personal supports, employment services, and day programs - all with an emphasis on person-centered community involvement and inclusion. To learn more about us, please visit www.thearcofpgc.org. Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
The Executive Assistant will work directly with the Executive Director and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ work experience as an executive assistant required.
- Recent experiences writing policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to work frequently during the evenings to support board meetings and attend community events on behalf of the organization.
- Very strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and the manipulation of data using formulas, filters, graphs, charts and pivot tables.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up is mandatory.
- This job requires some local travel. Access to reliable transportation required.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy, attention to details, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Creative and critical thinking with some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
Administrative and Organization
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Maintains appointment calendar.
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Board support and maintaining board and governing documents.
- Documents and organizes board minutes.
- Drafts and edits correspondence for the executive director.
- Co-organizes Town Hall and special staff meetings.
- Organizes and coordinates employee awards.
- Completes special assignments as assigned and required.
- Support distribution updates for strategic plan initiatives.
- Provide project management support for new programs.
Communication and Client/Vendor Relations
- Coordinates consultant’s contracts.
- Receives & processes invoice payments.
- Tracks vendor payments.
The Arc offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, to include: medical, dental and vision plans. A 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, generous paid time-off, company paid life insurance, and much more! To apply, please send your resume AND salary requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: $45.00 - $65.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- executive support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Executive Assistant: 5 years (Required)
- Writing Policies and Procedures: 1 year (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: