The Project Proposal Coordinator will prepare and submit quotes based on customer and sales representatives requests within the required submittal time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive Requests for Quotes from Customers and Representatives and complete within deadline.
- Communicate any unclear items or questions in a manner that will get answers quickly.
- Work independently and with the Purchasing Manager and Engineering to get up-to-date accurate quotes from suppliers quickly.
- Work independently and with Engineering and Product Development to determine how a new product might be produced and the labor time required to produce.
- Determine if products to be quoted have been produced prior or are similar to items that have already been developed.
- Utilize price-list pricing of similar products to determine pricing.
- Utilize Cost Analysis Spreadsheet to ensure profit margin estimates for a job.
- Send quotes back to the Customer and/or Rep and/or Sales President (always copying the rep and Sales President if sent directly to the customer thanking them for the opportunity.
- Ask reps/Sales President for feedback within a week of quoting the job if we haven’t received the order and continue to follow up regularly to see if the job was awarded elsewhere or is still open.
- Communicate with Sales President regularly about current opportunities and requirements.
- Communicate with Marketing Director regarding current opportunities and requirements.
- Communicate with Sales Reps regularly about their proposal requirements.
- Formulate a method to track the quote #, customer, rep, $ value, date quoted, and date awarded in order to become more efficient at quoting.
- Generate regular detailed price lists of regular running and recurring products within both Hospitality and Residential Markets and special pricelists for special customers.
- Work well with the internal staff, sales reps, Sales President to evoke a desire to win jobs and grow the company.
Edgecombe Furniture provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: