This is an audit or tax internship position available to students pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial and tax principles that can work a minimum of 24 hours a week under the supervision of our staff. The length of the internship will be from January 1 to April 30 with the possibility of extending the length of the internship.
We are seeking highly motivated and team-oriented students to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment concentrated in the financial services industry.
Responsibilities will include assisting staff accountants with audit procedures and or tax preparation.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel skills, experience with V-Lookups and PivotTables a plus.
- Assisting staff with preparing and performing audit procedures.
- Reviewing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with audit software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the audit team to organize data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting as needed.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Proficiency with computers, strong computer skills, including excel skills with experience with V-Lookups and PivotTables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Job Type: Internship