Full Job Description
About MyEyeDr. How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients you serve on a daily basis? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance, and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients. You are unlike others at this point in your career. You are looking to build a profession with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions – from prioritizing care of our associates and our patients, to connecting the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and doing so in a fun, inclusive environment, working as one collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
The Eyewear Consultant analyzes prescriptions to make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. Additionally, the Eyewear Consultant fits, measures and adjusts eyeglasses under the direct supervision of an optician or optometrist to exceed the patients’ needs and expectations. Additionally, problem solves any difficulty a patient may experience regarding vision care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient’s needs.
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient.
- Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, converse with patients to analyze and assess patient’s vision problems and needs.
- Maximize sales by using the company’s best, better, good sales concept, maximizing key areas; BOGOs, product of choice AR, poly, warranties, 2nd and backup eyeglasses etc.
- Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits
- Understand the company’s cost of goods and retail fee schedules. Be able to utilize knowledge of cost of goods to eliminate situations where cost-conscious patients might consider taking their Rx to a discount retailer (“walking Rx”).
- Capturing Exam Only.
- Educate patient on the adaptation of new Rx’s and care of lenses.
- Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, use pupillometer, PD ruler and other technical aids for proper fit and measurements.
- Complete lens & frame information, enter full information into POS software and ensure manager signs off.
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients’ needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times.
- Understand all promotions, coupons and third-party programs available through MyEyeDr.
- Conducts “Care Calls” daily to patients who received their eyewear one week prior.
- Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final inspection of eyewear.
- Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for dispensing.
- Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, fit and adjust completed eyewear for each patient.
- Ensure product pricing is accurate
- Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up. Inform management of any job held over 30 days
- Clean and merchandise displays daily, displaying effective merchandise always.
- Place all returns in their proper bins.
- Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, perform preliminary testing for patients, as needed.
- Accurately process patient payment transactions.
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
- Attend all office meetings.
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by MyEyeDr.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 1-3 years of related eyewear experience within a similar office environment
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry
- This position is performed in a traditional retail office environment.
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment
necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.