Voted the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in San Diego for two years running by Ranch & Coast Magazine, SKY Facial Plastic Surgery has an ongoing need for Registered Nurses who are interested in Per Diem work in our outpatient surgery center.
As a Per Diem RN, you'll check in the patient for surgery, place an IV, coordinate getting the patient into the operating room, place a Foley catheter (if required), help the anesthesiologist and surgeon ready the patient for surgery, circulate during the surgery, recover the patient from anesthesia, and discharge the patient.
STEP 1 | Are you the right personality fit?
- You LOVE helping patients. You pride yourself on showing compassion, warmth and kindness in every interaction. You always take the time to explain what to expect / what's coming next. You are AMAZING at reassuring and calming patients.
- You exude warmth and happiness in all of your human interactions, for example with the grocery clerk in the checkout line, with the teller at the bank, or with your waiter at a restaurant.
- You’ve been told you never stop smiling. You pride yourself on being extremely friendly.
- You love helping people, even the grumpy ones. You enjoy the challenge of making a difficult customer smile and relax.
- You're dedicated to making the workplace as professional as possible.
- You’re looking for a team environment that’s drama-free! You hate office gossip.
- You’re motivated to be the best team member that you can be.
- If there are areas you can improve on, you will do whatever it takes to be the absolute best. You are a knowledge seeker and love self-improvement.
- You looked at our website (http://skyfacialplasticsurgery.com) and love who we are and what we do.
- You are okay with BOTH sitting AND standing for extended periods of time. The surgery cases are anywhere from 1 to 9 hours long and you will be in one spot in the OR the majority of the time.
- You are a quick learner.
- You are super organized.
STEP 2 | Do you meet our minimum requirements?
- Do you have STRONG experience recovering patients from outpatient surgery?
- Are you a PRO at placing IVs?
- Do you understand sterile technique?
- Do you have an active, clean, California license as a Registered Nurse?
- Are you currently ACLS certified?
- Are you currently CPR certified?
- Do you have excellent written communication skills, including proper punctuation, spelling and grammar?
- Do you know professional phone and email etiquette? Do you have a good phone voice?
- Do you use full sentences and proper capitalization in your professional emails?
STEP 3 | Will you be happy here? The following are NOT negotiable!
- This is a per diem position! You will be a 1099 independent contractor.
- Need to have availability for at least one shift per month.
- Available shifts:
- WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM (May cover between 1 and 3 three cases)
- SATURDAY: 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Located in 4S Ranch, in north country San Diego between Rancho Santa Fe and Rancho Bernardo. Make sure this is a daily commute you like!
- This position pays $43.50 per hour. As a 1099 contractor, you do not qualify for overtime pay, benefits or paid breaks.
How to Apply
Apply to this job ad in order to be invited to the next step of our interview process, which is a written interview. We will review your application and respond to you within 7 business days. Please DO NOT send your resume via email or call our office to confirm receipt or check on progress.
Job Type: Contract
- IV placement: 1 year
- recovering patients from general anesthesia: 1 year
- Registered Nurse (RN)