Quest Engineering, a leader in the distribution of instrumentation and fluid handling equipment, is searching for an outside sales manager to focus on selling to new and existing customers in Eastern Iowa. The outside sales manager will take over an existing customer base as well as be expected to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the area. You will work out of our Cedar Rapids branch and partner with an experienced inside sales person that has strong product, supplier and system knowledge. We will look to you as the business development expert, building relationships with customers throughout your territory.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Achieve sales and gross profit goals in your territory by developing existing customers, opening new business and customer retention.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, identify product applications and introduce new products/services.
- Prepare quotes and proposals, follow up and negotiate terms, and close transactions.
- Proactively resolve customer issues.
- Partner with supplier representatives to sell in new products that will enhance customer performance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- 3 or more years outside sales experience
- Experience in the industrial distribution industry
- Knowledge of Instrumentation and Industrial products
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Bachelors degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year