Coupa Cafe voted Best Coffee House for consecutive years in downtown Palo Alto is currently hiring for Back of House: Cook Supervisor !!
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, friendly environment, we want you to join our team!!All staff members must be able to provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional overall experience for all guest.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate and following company guidelines.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintain a written list of all vendors to include order sheets, and any other kitchen systems established by company.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies are followed by employees and completedon a timely basis if applicable.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt,fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies,rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Monitor worker performance, time sheets and meal breaks.
- Resolve or assist workers to resolve work problems.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Maintain excellent health department scores
- Up to date food manager certificate
- Other duties as assigned.
Availability: Full Availability, AM preffered
Compensation: $18 hr
We are EEO
We are always hiring!
Please visit our website for more open positions at www.coupacafe.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time