To apply for the position, please visit our website at www.icsecurity.com/careers and reference requisition number 3357.
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 35,000 personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience. Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family as an Armed Diplomatic Security Officer is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
Inter-Con is searching for motivated individuals to fill the exciting role of an Armed Diplomatic Security Officer. In this role, you’ll work as a galvanized member of an elite team of security operators protecting some of our nation’s most critical assets. You will be part of the comprehensive security solution to protect ours and visiting nations’ diplomats across multiple locations in the United States.
We offer a full range of benefits:
- Competitive pay starting at $24.17 an hour plus an additional $4.90 an hour for health and welfare
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- Training and Career Development
Charleston, SC Area
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance
- Fluent in both the written and spoken English language
- Possess a valid United States driver's license
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years of active duty military service, having held the rank of E-4
or higher upon Honorable Discharge; OR,
- Be a graduate of a certified federal, state, or local law enforcement training academy, a military
police school, or the US Marine Corps' Marine Security Guard or Security Forces School; OR,
- Have minimum of three (3) years of federal, state, local law enforcement or military police
- Possess a Bachelors Degree from an accredited school of learning and have the requisite
knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position being applied for; OR,
- Possess an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice (or minimum 60 credit hours with 27 hours in
core curriculum) from an accredited school and have been employed in the field of criminal
justice during the past year and have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities required for
the position being applied for; OR,
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of verified armed security officer experience within the most
recent four (4) years where requirements of the position(s) are similar to that being applied for.
Work Environment and Schedule
- Job operates in client sites which could be indoors or outdoors.
- Position requires prolonged standing and walking, in the performance of daily security activities.
- Open availability Nights, Weekends, Holidays and overtime as directed (overtime occurs).
- Work various shifts and Holidays as assigned.
- Must maintain flexibility regarding job assignments and locations.
- Time flexibility depending on the needs of the company.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years
and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a
team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our
organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit
www.icsecurity.com/careers/, and drink water.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment
opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.