- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access
- Yearly Bonus
- Wellness Program
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Puget Sound Energy’s Transmission Policy and Contracts department is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Consultant to join our team. At the discretion of the hiring team, this role may be filled at a lower level. This role provides guidance and oversight in researching, planning, developing and implementing programs to ensure the Company meets all federal, state and other regulatory requirements. The Regulatory Compliance Consultant will provide strategic direction, risk management and input into federal and state rulemaking, including compliance with FERC regulations, as they may exist or change from time to time.. Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy. At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Plans, develops and implements programs to track and ensure compliance with applicable federal (e.g., Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), state and other regulatory requirements, with a focus on tariff and electric transmission issues • Works to ensure knowledge transfer regarding FERC regulatory compliance and transmission policy issues and conducts necessary training. • Prepare internal and external regulatory materials, including FERC filings, testimony, briefs and position papers. • Prepare formal presentations to others, both internal and external, on the status of regulatory issues and activities. • Directs activity for the implementation, monitoring and support of high level assessment by business unit in regard to PSE’s transmission policy. • Manages revisions to PSE’s Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) and Business Practices Manual in response to, among others, FERC orders, and changes to the OATT of the California Independent System Operator Energy Imbalance Market (EIM). • Works cooperatively with internal and external counsel where applicable, to communicate pending or upcoming transmission policy and regulatory proposals and to obtain input in aligning regulatory proposals with the company and department objectives. • Works with regional compliance program and EIM business leads in developing complete and executable plans, including FERC filings where appropriate. • Formulates sound business practices and processes for managing potential policy risks and exposures for PSE’s transmission assets. • Provides support for the department’s OASIS website and OATT, including customer contact, problem resolution and study drafting and editing • Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or engineering or applicable field and eight years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and willing to mentor peers and team members.
- Thorough understanding of utility operations and regulations, and as may be related to specific area of regulatory/compliance specialty for department.
- Thorough understanding of federal and state rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access or other database applications
- CPA, MBA, JD, PE or experience in public policy.
- Thorough understanding of compliance regulations and processes specific to the department/area of hire.
- Familiarity with California Independent System Operator Energy Imbalance Market