- Surgical Scribe / Clinical Assistant.
A busy Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Practice is seeking to add another outstanding individual with the following qualities and skill sets:
- Positive, upbeat attitude. Detail-oriented. Excellent typing skills. Ability to work with a team. Excellent organizational skills.
We have one office, one physician, and three other employees. We offer a stable environment where learning and growth are encouraged. Most importantly, we believe in mutual respect, accountability, and teamwork.
If you happen to be a Pre-Health student (e.g., Pre-PA, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Medical.), we have had several of our past team members accepted to PA school, Medical school, and Nursing school. This position is excellent preparation for the health professions and those who are in need of gap-year experience.
Experience as a medical scribe is preferred but not required. One to two years of commitment is preferred.
- The position will entail seeing the patient with the physician and either another clinical assistant or patient care coordinator.
- This person will be responsible for writing patient notes and coordinating the patients care, such as pre-and post-operative appointments, pre-operative clearance, and scheduling patients for surgery.
- This person will be responsible for preparing pre-op and post-operative photos.
- The position entails answering the phone to speak with patients. This allows tremendous opportunity to begin speaking medical terminology.
- The clinical assistant will be involved with medical/surgical procedural coding and work closely with billing staff and insurance authorizers.
- There are self-motivated opportunities for clinical research such as publication and abstract preparation for conferences.
The physician has a busy reconstructive breast cancer surgery practice as well as abdominal wall reconstruction and nasal airway reconstruction. The aesthetic component of the practice focuses on rhinoplasty, facelift, and aesthetic breast surgery.
This position has a tremendous potential for professional growth in the health care field.
- Salary: Starting minimum wage /hour
- Experience: Scribe/Clinical assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Education: College (Preferred) for entrance into medical school, PA school, or nursing school.
- Location: Orange County, CA
- Work Authorization: United States
- Seniority level: Entry level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Health Care Provider/Clinical Assistant
- Health Care benefits available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.50 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Typing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location