X-Therma is building technology to resolve one of the most fundamental problems in organ transplantation – preservation. The vision of the company is to enable long term banking of organs and tissues for transplant, to repair the human body on demand. You will be a part of the chemistry process team synthesizing and purifying our products used in preservation, while building robust and scalable downstream processes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual who will excel in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup company, enjoys working on big projects, and taking on process operation challenges. The process associate will primarily perform purification by chromatography and characterization of products, amongst other R&D related activities, including inventory/laboratory maintenance. Some solid-phase synthesis may be expected. Team integration is a critical component of this position and you are expected to work closely with your teammates and supervisor.
Required experience and skills:
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Direct experience with HPLC and other analytical instrumentation (pH meter, osmolality, UV/Vis, etc.)
- Takes pride in completing tasks with diligence
- Demonstrates full attention to detail.
- A proactive attitude is required in the small team environment
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, very flexible start-up environment
- Eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and effective with multiple tasks
- Ability to complete tasks with decreasing supervision overtime
- Takes initiative to improve work processes, develop innovative methodologies and approaches to enhance research productivity
- Proven capability to troubleshoot daily equipment use and manage chemical inventory/waste streams
- Compliance with all EHS regulations
Preferred experience and skills:
- Demonstrated processing ability in solid-phase synthesis, purification, and characterization
- Experience in an environment under cGMP and GDP processes
- Versatile experience applicable to many environments
- Buffer preparation and storage
- Interpretation of analytical data
- Dialysis, filtration, lyophilization
- Monomer preparation and work-up
- Laboratory maintenance.
- Chemical management
- Reporting results both orally and in writing.
- Independent capabilities in synthetic techniques and buffer preparation.
- Literature search and organization of libraries
- Instrument maintenance
- Extensive experience in formulation
- Engineering skill set, such as CAD design, programming, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $57,000.00 per year
- Industry research: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible