Marietta Wrecker is growing and actively hiring for Light Duty Dispatcher. We are looking for fun, eager, hardworking and driven people that are passionate about helping other people.
Why Join MWS?
- Industry Leading Compensation, Including PTO, Insurance and 401k. 15% Above the Industry Average
- Scheduled Shifts with No ON CALL!
- Family Focused, Family Run and Operated Business
- Customer Service Focused Company
- 45 Year Track Record of Service Excellence
- Proud Member and Supporter of the Local Cobb County and Marietta Communities
- Continuous Professional Training and Development
- Nationally Recognized
Light Duty Dispatchers have fun, work hard, help people and focus on service.
The Light Duty Dispatcher works directly with MWS customers and truck operators to dispatch and manage the light duty tow fleet and work load.
- Efficiently dispatch drivers to the destinations.
- Effectively determine which driver | operator and truck best fit the tow requirement
- Work directly with MWS customers and driver | operators to create mutual trust and maintain open communication throughout the transport process
- Effectively communicate statuses to the appropriate parties throughout the process, including updates with any changes
- Manage transport information within MWS systems
- Communicate with drivers the information to complete the call
- Communicate with drivers to input invoice number, mileage and prices in the computer
- Understand and provide appropriate estimated time of arrivals
- Provide accurate rates and mileage to customers
- Manage drivers in a professional and appropriate manner
- Understand and provide accurate mapping information to the drivers
- Develop plans to enhance the driver’s performance through management techniques
- Ability to effectively handle pressure
- Demonstrate responsiveness to requests from others and provide assistance when needed
- Initiate activities to stay busy and productive during down time
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- 3+ years of professional dispatch experience
- 5+ years of experience in customer service
- Ability to interface and understand how to effectively communicate with both customers and operators
- Excellent data entry and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Dispatch: 2 years (Required)