Director, Sales and Service
Vice President, Fan Relationship Management
University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
El Paso, TX 79968
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program:
At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training program in the sport industry.
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in El Paso, TX. The UTEP Athletics Department has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. The University of Texas at El Paso and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
This position, as department head, will manage all ticket sales and database marketing. Top priorities include sports such as Football and Men’s/Women’s Basketball. Inventory available for sale may include: season tickets, season ticket upgrades, upsells & add-ons, group ticket packages, partial/mini-plan packages, and single game tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Develop and execute approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise a ticket sales team, the Database Manager, and the Box Office Manager
- Lead, motivate, develop, coach and retain sales staff for future succession and opportunity within the organization, and The Aspire Group globally
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the new Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service
- Grow business each year
- Responsible for season ticket renewal goals for customer service team
- Director will also be responsible for personal sales goals through inbound, outbound, and renewal sales efforts
- Monitor, manage and evaluate sales staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development
- Work with the university liaison to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket and group sales target markets
- Ongoing development of New Ticket Sales program in the following areas: season ticket, new business generation, sales leadership, development of sales strategies, sales training, development of best sales practices and results tracking and reporting
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability reports. Handle all bookkeeping, commission reporting, staff payroll processing
- Develop special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs
- Oversee and develop season ticket retention program, with special attention to new season ticket and high-risk accounts
- Lead in the development of ticket marketing, promotions, ticket pricing, sales strategies and community ticket/ sampling programs etc.
- Serve as a member of the external operations team
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three (3) years in Ticket Sales Management
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional image and demeanor
- Ability to work well with others and confidence when taking initiative
- Effective problem-solving ability
- Experience with Spectra Ticketing Software preferred
Competitive base salary, with the opportunity to earn commission and / or bonus for meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals and potential bonus for operation exceeding its revenue goals. Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with matching program
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.