Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting mission -critical systems? We’re looking for a Linux systems administrator with a solid background in VMware to manage both physical and virtual OSs to include system provisioning, configuration, security, and remote administration.
As a systems administrator on our project, you’ll provide manual and automated system management across widely dispersed Linux systems. You’ll also administer and configure virtual machines and VM clusters. You’ll provide your customers insight into their network through monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You’ll help your team better understand the network by turning metrics into information and explaining their meaning. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like VMware, Puppet, and Ansible. We focus on growing as a team, so you’ll share your expertise through leadership and mentoring as you help the team work through challenges and develop new methodologies. As a technical leader, you’ll identify new opportunities to modernize the network to help your customers meet their needs. Join our team and solve daily challenges.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5 years of experience with administering Linux and UNIX systems
- Experience with VMware and Linux Volume Manager
- Experience with Linux firewall configuration, including ip tables or firewalld
- Experience with system provisioning, configuration, patching, and hardening and developing and implementing system configuration scripts
- Experience with scripting languages, including Perl, Bash, or Python
- Experience with system provisioning, including kickstart or Cobbler
- Experience with NAT, gateway setup, remote server management, and CM tools, including Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Yum
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree and 5+ years of experience with managing Linux or UNIX systems or 10 years of experience as a systems administrator with at least 5+ of those years of experience with Linux in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with deploying software updates to remote systems
- Experience with configuring and maintaining Cisco switches and routers
- Experience in working with and configuring Linux disk encryption
- Experience with building RPMs
- Experience with SELinux
- BA or BS degree in a technical field
- Encryption and Secure Protocols Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other specialists doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share successful methodologies and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.