If you love data as much as we do, obsess over your customers and believe in delivering practical & scalable reporting solutions, we are the team for you!
Amazon’s Leave and Accommodation team is looking for a reporting analyst who is smart, efficient, uncompromisingly detail oriented, self-starter, passionate about data driven decisions and driven to help our business succeed. The candidate will help us evolve our data landscape in order to deliver high impact, high visibility reporting and dashboards. As a member of our team, you will leverage your passion for BI to seek out and structure data to propel our reporting and analytics capabilities forward. You will work closely with senior leaders and many teams across Amazon to understand their information needs and then build scalable solutions to deliver tools and insights that have a direct impact on Amazon’s workforce.
The candidate must love working with analytic tools and write excellent SQL queries. The candidate will be an individual contributor who is comfortable with ambiguity and able to successfully drive projects to completion. The ability to understand business goals and use data available across disparate systems to create metrics measuring the success of the business against its goals is essential.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: develop trust amongst your peers and stakeholders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions.
- Be a main point of contact for individuals with data and reporting needs via email, phone and chat / instant messaging
- Act as a builder, creating reports and dashboards that match to customer requirements
- Operationalize data processes: provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools
- Resolve queries by referring to documentation and through self-guided exploration; escalating where these cannot be resolved
- Actively seeking the voice of your customers to improve levels of service
- Train HR users on systems and provide process/system support, develop and maintain functional user documentation
- Active participant in development of BI Tools through expansion of reporting catalog
- Assist with the roll out of new tools and systems to HR teams including execution of testing, and training tasks
- Aid in the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures, workflow diagrams, and training materials
- Bachelor’s degree related field and demonstrated experience in a data-centric function
- 2+ years of data analytics or Business Intelligence experience.
- 2+ years of working experience on data-centric tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Excel, Access etc.
- Experience with reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Ability to write complex and efficient SQL queries
- Working knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Microstrategy, PeopleSoft or other HRMS systems a plus
- Experience in AWS technologies
- Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little to no direction
- Robust sense of accountability: sound personal judgment, capacity to handle confidential information appropriately, effectively escalate issues
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; you are able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing the ability to dive deep
- Strong interpersonal abilities; you can effectively communicate (both written and verbally) technical information to users with minimal data experience
- Good eye for great visual design.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation