- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 + years relevant professional or military experience
- 2+ years of experience in law enforcement, loss prevention, risk management, supply chain management and loss prevention, or other related field
- 2+ years of experience with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and video review system
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
The Loss Prevention Site Lead – Fulfillment Centers (FC) leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide risk mitigation, provide security oversight and asset (People, Property, & Data) protection within the assigned location. The Loss Prevention Site Lead is a key member of the operations organization, working with the FC Operational team as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization. This position may have direct reports.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enhance, track, and report on key Loss Prevention network goals and metrics
- Proactively analyze leading indicators to create, influence, drive, and deliver results on performance
- Oversee and lead investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
- Engage, coach, train, and influence business partners within FC’s to be an extension of Loss Prevention by equipping them with knowledge to identify leading indicators of Loss Prevention risk and educate them on the appropriate escalation path
- Effectively address product loss mitigation, physical security considerations, potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy as well as conduct testing of the incident response plans
- Ensure that team members understand Amazon, Global Security Operations, and Loss Prevention vision and values, in order to align performance
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to data center access controls, inventory control and record keeping
- Serve as department’s liaison with FC leadership and external business stakeholders and be the security subject matter expert
- Develop driven business cases which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization when needed
- Take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations
- Travel up to 25% domestically
- This role covers a 24/7 operation and you must be able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and lifting up to 20 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification is a plus
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired and Wicklander and Zulawski, LPQ, CPP, LPC or other certifications is a plus,
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- Results oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Analytical leader experienced in performance based, action and results oriented management, strong project manager and effective problem-solver
- Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.