Permclip is a local business headquartered out of Buffalo, looking to bring an out of state plant to Buffalo. Permclip is in need of a Controller to support the transition along with all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Experience with Great Plains software is a plus
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience in the manufacturing industry
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- An understanding of cost and inventory control system
- Practical accounting knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service ability
- Professional, dependable and trustworthy
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Process improvement mindset
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Coordinate technical accounting issues with outside CPA for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements coordinate with outside CPA for tax compliance.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage the credit and collection relationship with a small group of large accounts and supervise the credit manager who handle the vast majority of the customer credit relationship.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Job Type: Full-time
- of overall combined manufacturing accounting and finance: 6 years
Required work authorization: