The Clinical Business Analyst primary responsibility is to support applications that are used by New York City Health and Hospitals laboratories. This individual’s principal goals are to implement new lab applications, to enhance existing applications and to analyze and resolve problems with existing lab systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for multiple clinical applications used in the H + H laboratories.
- Determine user requirements to support the business needs of lab users,
- Evaluate clinical lab system enhancements.
- Provide training of clinical users on lab applications.
- Develop test plans to be used in the testing of system updates and system interfaces. Perform testing and ensure that the systems developed are functioning properly and meet user requirements.
- Attain proficiency in one or more clinical lab applications and become expert in the use of these systems.
- Assist in testing of major system implementations (e.g.Epic) and for disaster recovery testing of the blood bank system
- Document clinical user workflows for existing and proposed laboratory systems.
- Create application documentation including project charter, business requirements document and functional specifications document.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Highly knowledgeable in the features and function of the laboratory and/or blood bank system including interfacing with instruments.
- Experience with various types of blood products and laboratory test results.
- Health system interface (HL7) working knowledge, preferable with laboratory information including ADT, orders, results and billing
- Experience in system documentation including training material and requirements definition.
- Good end user presentation skills. Able to communicate technical information to users in a non-technical manner.
- Good problem solving skills in resolving issues with complex healthcare systems.
- Licensed clinical background (RN, medical technologist or technician, etc) is a plus.
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting, or using clinical software applications.
Knowledge of Blood Bank Application (HCLL) is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical Background: 2 years (Preferred)
- Blood Bank Applications: 3 years (Required)
- HL7 Systems: 2 years (Required)