To safely transport and deliver the highest quality chicks to Perdue Farms' contract producers, while maintaining FMCSA safety requirements.
1. Prepare chick transport vehicles to receive up to 115,200 hatched chicks. Ensure environmental requirements of temperature and air flow are within specs prior to loading.
2. Navigate a safe and cost efficient route to Perdue contract farms located primarily in Maryland, Delaware and Virginia but could include North and South Carolina. The goal is to get the chicks to the farm as quickly and safely as possible.
3. Perform routine, minor maintenance and sanitation of transportation vehicles.
4. Monitor, record and report on farm conditions at the time of delivery.
5. Maintain FMCSA safe driving requirements, including but not limited to Hours of Service and Driver's Logs.
Class A Commercial Drivers License
Two years of commercial driving experience, or completion of Perdue in-company driver's training program.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.