The AVP, IT Acquisition Systems Engineer will support mission critical systems and project delivery that directly impacts business success. Application area spans diverse technical domains, UNIX, Mainframe, Midrange, middleware, and Oracle. This individual will work directly with many client technical engineers.
- Maintain expertise in functions, processes and systems supporting Retail Finance Credit Card Acquisition platforms (Consumer & Commercial)
- Understand IT stakeholders, business and customer expectations, needs and goals
- Review and certify IT estimates, requirements, design, develop and testing deliverables for components related to the Application area
- Review project plans and provide feedback to Project Management
- Complete high-level design and review with 3rd party team responsible for detailed design
- Ensure compliance with architecture, technical, and security standards set by Synchrony
- Participate in finding ways to increase efficiency, minimize operating expense and improve system performance
- Participate in addressing Production on call support failure incidents /root cause analysis with Service Delivery team and provide direction in problem resolution
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of developing and supporting mainframe and midrange systems within a credit card or banking industry; OR in lieu of the Bachelor Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 7 years developing and supporting mainframe and midrange systems within a credit card of banking industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience in C+ or Java, Linux/UNIX/ORACLE3
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing technical projects using the System Development Life Cycle methodology
- Experience with SAS, SAS Alert Generation Server, SAS Middle Tier Administration, SAS Environment Manager
- Familiarity with virtual server technologies
- Previous Consumer Finance experience, or other credit card processing experience
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence clients, team members, management and external groups
- Ability to work on all phases of complex work
- Superior oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team environment
- Understanding of technical architecture in order to provide quality solutions for business growth
- Experience with analyzing, using structured problem solving and available tools to troubleshoot highly complex systems in a crisis environment, identify root cause, action plans, impact and resolution option
- Experience with MQ Series, TCP/IP, PHP preferred
- Six Sigma Certification
- Graduate degree
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group: