- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience developing web interfaces and experiences.
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- A willingness to dive deep and get things done
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We are currently looking for talented web development engineers to join our Amazon S3 Fleet Core Development team and contribute towards our rapidly increasing scale in the face of explosive customer growth. To meet and exceed our customers' expectations, we are constantly working on software innovation, process automation, and improving cloud storage tools and infrastructure. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us deliver this industry leading technology.
Our team is clearly passionate about the incredible opportunity that Amazon S3 presents and about distributed systems in general. You will have the opportunity to deliver high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. You will be able to utilize your experience in building, managing, and mentoring engineering teams, while operating or using web-based services.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Design and build user interfaces for internal applications
- Play a role in vision, design and development of products from beginning to end
- Brainstorm, prototype, build iteratively using agile methodologies
- Mentor junior software development engineers
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Experience building and maintaining mission-critical software.
- Experience successfully mentoring junior software engineers