Port City Logistics is looking for Order Handlers & Operators.
Position Summary: The Order Handler & Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently operating a forklift and/or stand-up reach truck and/or box clamp and/or skid steer to move products, equipment, or materials as required in fulfilling customer requests. The Order Handler & Operator will drive a gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, or elevating platform, to push, pull, lift, stack, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the duties outlined in this job description.
- Receiving / Put-Away– Safely and efficiently unload inbound shipments and move product to storage locations, and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Equipment– Operate forklift and/or stand-up reach truck and/or box clamp and/or skid steer in performance of order filling duties when required. Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment as required. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away, and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform preventative maintenance (PM) on the forklift and/or stand-up reach truck and/or box clamp and/or skid steer or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Loading– Safely and efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into containers (rail cars or trailers), box trucks, flatbeds, and/or personal vehicles.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Reach Truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clamp Truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift