About the Position:
Lead a team of business and technical analysts that create and drive a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, innovation, controls excellence and real-time reporting/analysis with a focus on delivering the highest quality customer account management transactional services across National Grid and driving significant and sustainable process improvements that align with and drive the Company’s short and long-term strategic vision.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Lead, motivate and develop a professional team of business and technical analysts to support the performance of Account Maintenance & Operations organizations for timely and accurate customer billing (6M customers / $6 Billion Annual Revenue) while ensuring customer satisfaction with key responsibilities:
- Set consistent standards, process and procedures for the business process improvement work cycle and business process procedures within an established Knowledge Management system to ensure a high quality of customer service
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources and commitment to major implementation projects that include AMO in the end to end process to ensure a seamless implementation and process.
- Development of technology-based solutions and reporting that create digital enablement and strong monitoring or performance.
- Implement high risk revenue and quality controls to ensure timeliness and accuracy while ensuring and proper employee transaction controls.
- Identify system requirements and/or enhancements needed to support the successful design, development and implementation of Customer Billing and Account Maintenance plans, programs, processes and tools in collaboration with Meter to Cash Partners.
- Create and drive a culture of high performance, financial controls execution, continuous improvement, innovation and quality with a focus on delivering the highest quality transactional services across National Grid and driving significant and sustainable process improvements that align with and drive the Company’s short and long-term strategic vision.
- Partner with leaders across the Meter to Cash organizations to ensure that Account Maintenance & Operations provides efficient, timely and accurate billing across the US customer base
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience in customer service process and technology
- Technical, functional, and in-depth expertise in Account Maintenance or Customer Billing areas with at least five years’ experience
- Understands how quality service is delivered in a customer billing center and can translate this understanding into the development of a knowledge management, training, quality assurance, and measurements strategy
- Significant experience managing major financial and control procurement processes
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical success factors when developing plans to improve quality and customer service delivery.
- Demonstrates the ability to network internally and externally and to develop successful, long-lasting business partnerships with others and seeks to understand and challenge business scenarios to the benefit of all parties.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills, able to influence at senior levels, internally and externally. Ability to establish common ground to focus on outcomes that are beneficial for National Grid.
- Strong team development skills; excellent at clarifying common goals among diverse staff members, gaining consensus on an overall approach, and building a collaborative environment. Ability to consistently maintain a team environment by openly sharing information, exchanging ideas, coordinating activities, peer coaching, and /or jointly solving problems
- Ability to lead and deliver improvement projects, as well as challenge and support colleagues to improve performance.
- Ability to travel to other National Grid locations
- Ability to develop and deliver oral and written communications which convey complex information in a simple, easily understood manner
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that valuesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Billing Management: 5 years (Required)