About the Role
The general responsibility of the Director, Finance is to drive the identification, measurement, accumulation, analysis, preparation, interpretation, and communication of all financial information for use by Professional Solutions management. This position has a focus on supporting the Professional Division Global Operations team. This key financial strategic partner plays a pivotal role in supporting the business to ensure sustained profitability, compliance and control is maintained. You will collaborate across senior management to continuously improve business decisions and results as well as improve the quality of data on which decisions are supported. As the Global Operations controllership leader, you are responsible for budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting results to division management and to Corporate as well as maintaining accounting compliance and controls. This role is also critical for providing guidance, communicating and coordinating any business or financial requirements across the division.
This position manages a total team of 3-5 people
What You Will Do
- Strategic business partner within the Senior Management leadership team to develop business plan, forecasts, and monitor and track monthly results against budget, forecast, run rate and prior years.
- Drive Global Operations financial results (P&L, FCF, Working Capital, Capex, and Balance Sheet). Direct the budgeting and forecasting of Americas / Global Operations business results. Drive reporting and analysis of Americas Region, customer vertical, and product category Sales & CM results, Global operations, product costs, Other cost of sales, Inventory, capex
- Lead or participate in important company initiatives related to financial reporting such as “FIN21”
- Drive operational improvements with executive team and leadership of Operations
- Key support for Professional Solutions global manufacturing (4 plants) and sourcing teams
- Coordinate with Central Accounting, FSSC, cross functions/divisions to ensure accuracy of business results. Drive insight and provide variance commentaries to Pro Division, Harman and Samsung as required
- Provide financial direction to the regional and global operations teams, align and drive targets against actuals and coordinate with various Functional Finance Leads on performance.
- Control Operations and Region Capex spending.
- Provide support for any division wide initiatives, ad-hoc analysis, and ensure implementation of any policy or process changes within the Region & Operations functions
- Support M&A activity as requested.
- Support Global Tax / Transfer Price initiatives as requested.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly rolling forecasts with the Region President and reporting to Division.
- Responsible for coordinating with external and internal auditors, as required;
- Reporting in Corporate accounting systems Global financial statements in accordance with Company policy and GAAP/IFRS.
- Business Partner to various Functional VPs to review and control Global operations, Sourcing, Plant production teams ensuring targets are achieved.
- Drive analytical reviews of monthly financial statements. Make recommendations to management as to areas of improvement on the cost allocations and cost containing opportunities. Work across company lines to track and review project costs and evaluate the cost benefits.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and SOX reporting
- 10+ years related experience to include preparing financial statements, business activity reports and financial position forecasts and variance analysis
- Directed budget and forecast processes
- Managed project based issues
- Drive global communication and organization of multinational controlling team
- Worked with compliance and control environment
- Advanced ERP systems (SAP preferred), Excel and Power Point skills
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, internationally as needed
- Be willing to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- This position requires the use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters career development opportunities.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Excellent discounts on HARMAN and Samsung products.
- Competitive wellness benefits.
Job Type: Full-time