The Department of Political Science at Texas Tech University invites applications for the position of Director of Online and Regional Site Education. Applicants should have a PhD in Political Science (or equivalent), two years of experience in online education, and supervisory experience in an academic setting. Experience working with diverse student populations and first-generation students is highly desirable. The successful applicant will be required to perform the following functions:
- develop and design curriculum and courses for the department’s online program , which serves students at the Lubbock
campus and regional sites.
- maintain direct contact with students via instruction and technical support
- oversee administrative and instructions staff in course delivery, training of teaching assistants
- Assist faculty in the development of online, hybrid, and/or synchronous course offerings.
- serve on committees and manage the online program’s administrative needs
- Coordination and administration of all online and regional site education for the Department of Political Science and its
Masters of Public Administration program
- Supervise curriculum development and implementation of online course content, including integration of online curriculum
with broader departmental needs
- Work closely with other departmental leadership and regional site directors on curriculum coordination
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, sample syllabi, a statement summarizing teaching experience and philosophy, three letters of reference, and evidence of teaching effectiveness. These items should be submitted at http://www.texastech.edu/careers/. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by December 2, 2019. Questions about the position should be directed to Tim Nokken, Chair, Department of political science, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor's degree in related area required plus five years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
Ph.D or Equivalent in Political Science
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV, Teaching Philosophy
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Up to 25%
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.