Under limited supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to manage and administer general oversight of the Reg W Program at RJB. This position will be in RJB Oversight & Control (O&C), which represents the first line of defense for RJ Bank supporting key business areas. Maintains regulation updates and assesses the impact on business and support managers in implementing changes to products, services, systems and operations to ensure and sustain Reg W Program. Position may also include testing and monitoring various controls in other areas of RJ Bank supported by RJB O&C. Extensive contact with various departments of Raymond James Financial is required to perform the functions of this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test control effectiveness through executing tests and targeted reviews
- Monitor and surveillance of Regulation W and other transactions and activities on a daily basis
- Escalate risk and issues to supervisor for potential escalation into the TWA Committee
- Further develop and maintain Regulation W metrics and reporting
- Identify/investigate unusual trends or activity that can be indicative of compliance problems and communicate/escalate as necessary, including recommending practical solutions to compliance issues
- Report, track and monitor Regulation W exceptions and issues
- Assist in the further development of the annual Regulation W risk assessment
- Assist with the development, delivery and tracking of Regulation W specific targeted training
- Prepare reports and presentations to Senior Management and various governance meetings
- Assists management in testing controls, recommending improvements to control testing and quality assurance processes to provide early identification of potential compliance problems for supported areas
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines
- Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and analysis and reporting of financial data
- A strong knowledge of applicable FED, OCC and CFPB regulations including, but not limited to, Regulations R, E, W, O; OCC Part 9, and other consumer banking/lending regulations including ECOA, HMDA, TILA, RESPA, SAFE Act, Funds Availability
- Advanced concepts of risk, issue and change management.
- Basic principles of banking, finance and securities industry operations
- Working with business in the implementation of regulatory reform/rule change initiatives impacting the wealth management business.
- Reviewing new products, marketing materials, and other forms of communications for regulatory compliance and adherence to the firm standards.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into strategies of the business unit.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Articulate reasons behind decisions.
- Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Identify problems, gather facts, and develop solutions.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or university and a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a risk, control, or compliance in a financial services firm.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Priority will be given to protected veterans
- EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT