Part-timeEstimated: $21,000 - $29,000 a year
Full Job Description
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital is a 25-bed, independent, not-for-profit facility that proudly serves Angola and Steuben County. We’ve been a cornerstone of this community and the surrounding area in northeast Indiana dating back to 1926. Over the years, we’ve helped generation after generation of area residents enjoy better health and live comfortably. Today, Cameron Hospital has grown into something more than a simple community hospital. Filled with advanced equipment and skilled specialists, Cameron is a modern, high-tech facility that provides advanced diagnostics, a variety of specialties and cutting-edge treatment options that are combined with highly personalized and compassionate care.
DEPARTMENT: Anticoagulation Clinic
JOB TITLE: Clinic Receptionist
SHIFT: 32 Hours Bi-Weekly
BENEFITS: Benefit Eligible - part time benefits are available at the same cost as full time benefits
1. High school graduate or GED required.
2. Eighteen years of age or older.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Proficient in computer operations.
Provides clerical/assistive unlicensed support in the provision of patient care in unit operations to patient population of the Anticoagulation Clinic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Read for comprehension.
2. Write legible.
3. Effectively communicate with staff/visitors.
4. Hear alarms/phones.
5. Clearly visualize fine print.
6. Complete orientation for this position.
1. Clerical duties and receptionist functions including but not limited to scheduling of patient appointments, preparing charts for appointment visits, maintenance of records for Anticoagulation Clinic and making calls to patients who missed their appointment.
2. Maintain computer and Standing Stone Software competency.
3. Assists in processing of charges.
4. Demonstrates proficient use of email.
5. Attend at least 75% of meetings, participate in unit meetings and educational offerings in order to maintain and enhance current knowledge and skill.
6. Maintain professional appearance and conduct.
7. Demonstrate exemplary customer service and public relations.
8. Maintains adequate office supplies/requisition supplies as needed.
9. Maintains confidentiality.
10. Promptly/courteously receives and directs phone calls. Records and relays message promptly.
11. Maintains an orderly office environment.
12. Demonstrates flexibility in job assignments/workload.
13. Demonstrates support of colleagues and nursing administration.
14. Welcomes and directs visitors.
15. Effectively communicates with other departments.
16. Aware of fire plan, tornado, disaster and bomb threat procedures.
17. Exemplifies good customer service.
18. Regular reliable attendance.
19. Ability to get along with others.
20. Performs other duties as required or assigned.