- Managing the front of the house operations through shift changes, increased volume, and end of the night closing routines.
- Staff scheduling
- Interviewing prospective employees, onboarding new hires, and thoroughly training new employees to get them prepared to perform their respective responsibilities.
- Fielding, managing, and executing special events in our semi-private dining space.
- Scheduling beneficial promotional events with multiple different vendors.
- Cash Handling
- Assist with expediting food and drinks to customers.
- Have an understanding of profit/loss, food costs, and inventory and labor costs. Constantly work to improve the positive impact properly managing these items have on the restaurant.
- Utilize all forms of social medial to promote the restaurant.
- Ensure every guests experience is exceptional.
- Processing of employee payroll
- Be able to accurately count/handle varying volumes of cash
- Managing the schedules for the front of the house.
- Work 55+ hour per week including 2am closing shifts on weekends, holidays
Harp + Bard is a family owned and operated restaurant and bar that has been proudly serving its customers in the heart of Dorchester for the past 53 years. We offer a wide range of menu options, from our famous steak tips and baked haddock to pizza and chicken fingers. We believe the key to our success is our employees. As a team we strive to offer the best customer service possible. On weekend nights we offer live music and DJS. We feel we have created a comfortable and inviting atmosphere for all of our guests to enjoy.
We are looking for a general manager to join our growing team. The candidate must possess certain qualities:
Eagerness to learn
Abilities, Skills and Experience needed to be successful:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing the FOH operations in a high-volume, casual restaurant/bar
- Ability to continue in the maintenance of restaurant cleanliness, food and drink quality, and guest satisfaction.
- Have the drive and ability to lead though both direction and example while motivating the staff in both the front of the house and kitchen.
- Must function at all times with persistent honesty and integrity.
- Ability to maintain composure and tact when dealing with both customers and employees in escalated circumstances and be able to provide the required solution to remedy the situation.
- Must be able to stand for the entirety of the shift; at least 8 hours continuously.
- Must be able to lift cases of liquor and wine up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $67,600.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)