- Internal Audits
- Microsoft Office
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Schedule
The Workforce Compliance Team @ BAE Systems is looking for a HR Operations & Compliance Specialist. In this position, which is part of a HR Shared Services model, you will be responsible for keeping updated on the ever-changing state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines, and then effectively sharing the information - through system changes, training programs, knowledgebase articles, one-on-one consulting services, etc. - to drive compliance throughout the organization.
We are looking for someone with a good foundational understanding of employment laws and regulations who is willing to commit to becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in certain compliance areas. While external training opportunities, information subscription services, and access to senior compliance professionals will be provided, the successful candidate will be someone who takes initiative to constantly learn and improve their knowledge and add value to the organization as a resident SME. You must also have a very keen sense of customer service.
This position is part of the Workforce Analytics and Compliance (WAC) Center of Expertise (COE), an enthusiastic and highly productive team, where each employee has the opportunity to grow and make an impact. The WAC COE also provides a 9/80 flexible work schedule, an end-of-year week long paid shutdown and a 6% match, with immediate vesting, of 401(k) contributions.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Provides guidance to other HR professionals on a variety of HR compliance initiatives and requirements including but not limited to: EEO (discrimination, harassment, retaliation), ADAAA, drug testing, mandatory notices and postings, and other state and federal employment laws.
2. Serves as subject matter expert on immigration compliance and I-9 regulations advising the organization on procedure, best practices, and regulations.
3. Keeps current on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments, and ensures changes to rules and regulations are updated with HR systems, policies, articles, and practices.
4. Researches changes in laws and regulations, interprets their potential impact to the organization, and effectively brings them to the attention of the stakeholders. Drafts policy, processes and procedures to proactively improve our compliance posture.
5. Prepares and delivers compliance-related training and communications.
6. Conducts employee relations investigations as requested by the business.
7. Partners with other Centers of Expertise, Legal and other stakeholders in delivery of compliance programs and trainings to the business.
8. Manages and partners with third-party vendors to ensure management and compliance of programs as needed.
9. Assists with other projects and duties as assigned. Some travel may be required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Demonstrated knowledge and application of compliance policies and procedures, particularly in the area of equal employment opportunity
Demonstrated ability to conduct research and articulate a concise summary of key issues tailored to the audience
Excellent communication skills including excellent writing skills, and experience in creating and delivering presentations to HR professionals
Good interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to influence and partner across all levels of the company
Solid organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Intellectually curious and a “doer”
Experience in complex employee relations investigations
Ability to manage and lead multiple projects.
Demonstrated ability to design processes and programs that align with how the business operates.
Proficiency with human resource information systems (PeopleSoft), Microsoft Excel and other MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
Bachelor's Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
Several years as an HR Business Partner in large/high volume organization
Experience conducting internal audits of policies and procedures
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.