Project Assistant | Workforce Development
An enthusiastic, team-oriented professional is needed to provide writing, analysis, research, and project management support at Thomas P. Miller and Associates, LLC. We are an established and growing national economic and workforce development consulting firm. The Project Associate will be involved in project coordination and a wide variety of opportunities to build skills and knowledge in Workforce, Research, Evaluation, and Economic Development. The Project Associate exercises independent judgement to draft project proposals by utilizing coherent content through research.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, writing, analysis, and time management skills and will be highly self-motivated, inquisitive, and interested in learning about a range of topics and projects.
Minimum Education/ Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- Experience in workforce development, education, economic/community development, and/or employment with a related organization preferred.
Job Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to, assisting with the following:
- Draft project proposals
- Development of deliverable outlines and content
- Quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis
- Drafting of written reports and preparation of presentations
- On-site project support, including attending meetings and translating discussions and research into narrative
- Project coordination and administrative tasks
- Development and maintenance of client relationships
- Administrative tasks related to day-to-day basic office management support.
- Contributing to website content
- Travel within U.S. may be required
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Experience with workforce development is highly preferred
- Knowledge of workforce development, education, and/or community/economic development policy preferred
- Must be enthusiastic, willing to learn quickly and display a fervent sense of initiative
- Attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Efficient project management skills to be applied in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Must possess internet research skills via online databases, publications, and company websites
- Expertise in document formatting/ graphic design a plus
Salary and Benefits: $35,000 to $40,000, commensurate with experience. Full benefits package. Located in the Indianapolis, Indiana office.
When you apply for this position, please submit resume, cover letter, writing samples, to Diane Dartis, HR Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Analysis: 1 year (Required)
- Writing: 1 year (Required)