Nike’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
As a Talent Acquisition Team Leader, you’ll play a leading role in recruiting for North America Operations and Distribution Centers. You’ll work in partnership with the Talent Acquisition Manager and be responsible for Talent Specialist’s daily recruiting and hiring activities, performance management, and their overall progress in achieving individual and team goals. This role also has responsibilities that include: managing a requisition load, assigning requisitions to the team, monitoring/tracking team performance, communicating with key stakeholders (TA Manager, Recruiters, HR Business Partners, Training & Development), owning and improving the selection process, ensuring proper hiring/on-boarding, ensuring continuous training of all new team members is completed successfully and timely, managing projects and process improvement in addition to delivering recruiting efficiencies.
The Talent Acquisition Leader will report to the North America Operations & Distribution Centers Talent Acquisition Manager and will be a key contributor to the management and execution of Nike’s recruiting and candidate selection strategy. This role ensures that standards and best practices are in place to deliver a premium and inclusive selection process and experience for all internal and external candidates. In addition, this role leads the TA Specialist Team and is responsible for creating and fostering a culture of teamwork, development, service and fun.
- Manage TA Specialists to set the overall candidate selection and hiring strategy in addition to forecasting hiring needs and trends, troubleshooting and removing obstacles
- Ensure TA Specialists have support, coaching and guidance to do deliver optimal and timely hiring results that meet or exceed time to fill targets/goals
- Provide oversight of the candidate selection process to drive and maintain standards and ensure service level agreements are met
- Help prioritize, organize and manage the workload of the TA Specialist team
- Develop strong relationships, maintain effective communications and partner with internal stakeholders to assist in projects and programs that evolve candidate touchpoints to ensure a consistent, premium, and inclusive experience
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition Manager and Specialists to identify gaps and recommend sustainable methods to candidate selection
- Manage a requisition load
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Communications, or a related field
- 2 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of at least 1 year of directly relevant work experience
- 2 years of experience and expertise in Talent Acquisition as a Recruiter or Manager, Recruiting Operations, or Project Management role preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives, vision, including meeting facilitation and the ability to create and deliver presentations to stakeholders and various levels of leadership
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to motivate and mentor others within a team setting
- Experience managing, leading, coaching and working with a small team to deliver optimal results
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Working across a wide range of internal and external business partners at all levels of an organization being focused on great client relationships and excellent, timely customer service
- Self-starter who demonstrates ease with ambiguity and can excel in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
- High volume non-exempt and/or distribution center recruiting experience preferred
- Experience leading/managing projects and process improvement from ideation to completion in addition to experience managing remote employees would be a plus
- Intermediate experience with MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to travel 5% to 10% of the time