$16 - 20/hr.
If you are an experienced Material Planner looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Material Planner This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Material Planner will include
- Performs diversified duties related to MRP planning, scheduling, and expediting finished goods and components in order to support strategic inventory goals.
- Requires judgment in anticipating future requirements through analysis and interpretation of current production status.
- Operates with a minimum of supervision within established systems and procedures.
- Review customer orders, plant capacity and inventory and develop schedules to meet production requirements dealing directly with vendors, as well as working with the SAP/MRP system.
- Responsible for the planning and procurement of all material components required to complete the job.
- Must ensure that sufficient material is available to support production, while not procuring excessive inventory that will be prone to obsolescence. Initiate and maintain contact with vendors for timely procurement of components and subassemblies
- Determines detailed material requirements using bills of material, prints, and computer generated reports, as source data, and initiates paper work to internally manufacture parts to fill customer orders or sustain strategic inventory goals.
- Analyzes and interprets pertinent inventory information and data, to determine current production status such as raw materials on hand, parts on order, parts in process, past usage, lead time required, etc.
- Monitors component and finished goods inventory levels.
- Corrects and reports variances to floor personnel, Operations Manager, and Finance Department. Anticipates and provides for future requirements and adjustments in scheduling as needed
As a Material Planner you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- 1-3 years of experience
As a Material Planner with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Material Planner Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays