In 1890, Siebe Baker founded Baker Furniture, a company which emerged in the 1960’s as the leading resource for those who appreciate the finest. With over 20 locations globally and 800 employees, Baker continues today as a furniture industry leader, ever-expanding our product line to craft stylish, graceful furniture with an emphasis on comfort.
As a luxury furniture Sales Associate in our Georgetown Baker Store, this would be your unique opportunity to set your mark within our industry and live on the leading edge. The luxury furniture Sales Associate has the primary responsibility of maximizing sales volume by growing existing business, developing new business, and offering the highest quality and service standards in the industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist all customers as called in rotation.
- Create and maintain quotations for customers who come into the showroom or who call for information.
- Follow up on all quotations within one week and on a weekly basis.
- Inform customers of price increases two weeks prior to the increase occurring. Inform customers of discontinued product extended lead times etc.
- Provide customers with product information.
- Assist the designer’s client when the designer is unavailable.
- Assist end users when available or when requested by the manager.
- Maintain professional courtesy with associates and customers at all times.
- Monitor all open orders from placement to delivery.
- Once the product is shipped contact customers to ensure the product and the service are acceptable.
- Maintain updated customer information including contact data special interests etc.
- Maintain knowledge of all vendor products pricing options finishes details, etc.
- Maintain thorough up-to-date knowledge of all products pricing and local competition.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years’ experience with luxury retail or furniture sales.
- Proven success with driving sales goals and growing your business is required.
- Degree in Interior Design or Sales/Business Management is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Washington, DC 20007 (Preferred)