Tasso is a fast-growing startup that has developed a painless device to collect blood from people at home for at-home diagnostic testing. Tasso has strong partnerships with pharmaceutical companies, diagnostic testing labs, and healthcare systems that are looking to provide remote ways to access blood data. Tasso was originally founded to find a better way to collect blood instead of a painful fingerstick or time-consuming venous draw and we were originally funded by the NIH and DARPA. Since then, bur products have been used in pharmaceutical clinical trials, by Olympians as part of a new virtual anti-doping program, and broadly by hospital systems across the US.
We are looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer to drive new product introductions, support contract manufacturing efforts, tooling and DFx activities to support quality, efficiency and cost objectives for Tasso's blood collection devices. You will report to the Head of Manufacturing-Engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives product and process improvements to support Tasso's objectives for quality, efficiency and cost.
- Supports or leads efforts for all project phases from concept, specification, cost justification, project management, installation, training qualification/validation and implementation into manufacturing.
- Travel to key suppliers and contract manufacturers to help them carry out critical evaluations or improvement projects.
- Develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture of sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products.i) Supports product manufacture and assembly of developmental and clinical units.
- Participates in pre-production quality functions including design validations and FMEA's.
- Makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines and implements.
- Creates project proposals for manufacturing improvements to support demand and COGS.
- Designs, develops and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment.
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for products.
- Analyze and solve production line issues.
- Review, identify and implement process improvements to support yield and demand (i.e. process flow studies)
- Develop and setup testing to support engineering activities related to DFx and returned device issues.
- Design For Manufacturing (DFM) activities
- COGS reduction efforts, inciuding evaluation of new designs and processes to reduce parts or simplify assembly
- Write and execute test protocols
- Designs and implements new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Performs engineering testing, tool qualifications and process validations.
- Contribute to budgeting activities as required by management.
- Other tasks as they may arise
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 10+ years of experience in medical device industry (regulated environment).
- Understanding of Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Comfortable trouble shooting mechanical equipment both Semi and Fully automated.
- Strong knowledge of assembly challenges for mechanical devices and molded components.
- IS013485 and IS014971 experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated DFM, COGS reduction and Process Improvement experience required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent project management skills: capable of defining and driving small projects.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Perform complex process documentation with Microsoft office software .
- Available to work extended hours as needed.
- Proficient in Solidworks and drafting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools
- Contract Manufacturing technical management
- Semi and Full Automation MFG Tooling
- Proficient in use of Minitab or JMP
- Good Documentation Practices and device manufacturing in cGMP environment
- Computer skills including transactional activity in ERP or other material control .systems and various software of the complexity of MS Office.
- Physically able to move incoming/outgoing materials and help load and unload pallets. Lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds without accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Devices: 10 years (Required)
- Contract MFG : 3 years (Required)
- Injection Mold Design: 5 years (Preferred)