Purpose of Position:
Learning Ally, a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven solutions that help students reach their potential, is seeking to hire a Customer Care Manager. As our Customer Care Manager, you will be charged with leading, managing and coaching the Customer Care team (6 staff members) to:
- Provide a highly engaging and satisfying customer experience
- Retain and grow the Learning Ally membership base and drive revenue growth
- Deliver operational excellence, including service effectiveness, efficiency and solution enhancement recommendations
- Measure and continually improve resource utilization and service using productivity metrics aligned with organizational goals
You will report to and partner with the Director of Customer Success Operations to define the Customer Care team’s objectives, strategies, tactics and process improvements. You will set the example of level of service, accountability, sense of urgency, and professionalism for the entire Customer Care team.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Customer Care department to ensure all internal and external requests are dealt with in the most efficient and customer oriented manner and drive successful upsell/cross-sell opportunities. Establish consistent policies and procedures. Share feedback on the customer experience cross-functionally to ensure consistent delivery and messaging and identify required improvements and potential efficiencies.
- Ensure that a strong rapport is maintained and built with all customers
- Resolve escalated customer inquiries and call overflow during peak periods
- Own our contact center application and call reporting system. Collaborate with other departments to optimize customer service efficiency (call flow and inbound/outbound contact strategy) and drive student success, including new customers, renewing customers, and prospects. Establish measurements/goals and track progress.
- Develop and implement an ongoing training (including cross-training) plan that ensures the Customer Care team is skilled to proactively manage inquiries and evaluate and respond to customers’ current and future needs.
- Ensure high team productivity through effective use of NetSuite, Momentum, our Customer Service Tool and other systems and possess expert level knowledge of our solutions. Research and implement best in class systems and tools to ensure the available technology and its functionality fully supports team success and the highest-level customer experience.
- Work closely with product development to request and advocate for features and enhancements on behalf of the Customer Care team and our customers. Act as the liaison for the building, testing, training and launch of new customer solutions.
- Foster a positive working environment that supports Learning Ally’s cultural values. Act as a role model and actively engage in giving and receiving feedback to ensure the intent of the culture statement is integrated into day-to-day activities, planning and communications.
- Be responsible for selecting, managing, coaching, and evaluating staff to ensure continual individual growth and development towards progressively higher performing teams. Implement ongoing staff engagement activities, and ensure clear and effective communication channels are in place.
- Set, monitor, and improve service metrics and Customer Care standards including wait times, scheduling/attendance, call duration, abandonment rates, case resolution, customer satisfaction, and quality and utilization of service. Provide contact center performance update, including trend manage and recommendations, to leadership.
- Participate in other Learning Ally activities as required to achieve organizational goals.
Job Requirements: Education
- Bachelor's level or above preferred.
- 3-5 years of contact center/customer service support experience, with 2-3 years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a Customer Care/Support role for a software/SaaS company
- Previous experience delivering a superior customer support experience, utilizing customer service technology and database management tools
- Experience managing, interfacing and leveraging an ERP system (NetSuite or equivalent) is a major plus
- Experience managing global/international support center is a major plus
- Experience in an education setting, with an EdTech solution provider and/or volunteer experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing, developing, coaching and motivating a customer service team to succeed
- Ability to foster an environment of positive teamwork
- Ability to inspire staff and help them succeed
- Demonstrates a passion for providing the highest level of customer service (internal and external), with a proven track record of “going the extra mile” and genuinely empathizing with customers
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and respectfully
- Proven problem solving skills—identifies obstacles and alternatives for action when addressing problems and creating solutions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to build cross-functional collaborate relationships to drive customer impact and process changes/improvements
- Strong working knowledge of Google products (Sheets, Docs, Gmail, Drive, etc.)
- Strong operating knowledge of Windows and Mac platforms, plus multiple browser types, Android, iOS and Chromebook
- Proven track record for optimizing contact center, CRM and case management systems
- Experience developing, interpreting and reporting against service metrics and turning complex data into actionable insights
- Proven accountability for delivering year-over-year improvements in results
- Drive to continuously improve personally and to maximize processes and systems, developing processes/procedures to standardize work processes, improve efficiencies and solve operational challenges
- Highly motivated, innovative and adaptable
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within an environment of change
- Demonstrated good judgment, attention to detail and follow through
- Capacity to take ownership and drive toward achieving personal goals
- Talent for providing solutions and understanding their impact
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Learning Ally Benefits:
- Medical Insurance Benefits (Cigna)
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k Plan – With Organizational Matching program
- Generous PTO Policies per calendar year
Job Type: Full-time
- contact center/customer service support: 3 years (Preferred)
- 20 Roszel Road, Princeton, NJ (Required)