Do you enjoy working with families? Are you a caring person? Then Allies needs you to help at-risk families.
We are seeking individual(s) to work directly with at-risk families as identified by the Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) in the Moab/Grand County area. We are recruiting for both males and females. The Peer Parent will provide individualized and interactive instruction utilizing the Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) evidence based curriculum.
Instruction will take place in the families home for the purpose of maintaining or reunifying the family unit by reducing risk of abuse or neglect through assessment of strengths and needs, goal setting, intensive education and guided application of skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Individualize lessons to client while maintaining fidelity to the STEP curriculum
- Assist in translating needs into practical goals and identifying specific action steps
- Complete a home visit at least 1 hour/week with maximum of 4 hours/week per family
- Participate in mandatory training's every other month
- Communicate in timely manner with caseworkers, clients and supervisor
- Keep supervisor informed about caseloads, concerns, lack of cooperation, etc.
- Submit timely and accurate client documentation as outlined by contract
- Actively contribute as a member of the Child and Family Team
- Document meaningful contacts made with client, caseworker and collateral sources
- Testify in court proceedings as requested by legal personnel
- Excellent interpersonal and assessment skills in social services field
- Abide by strict confidentiality and guided ethical standards (DHS Code of Conduct)
- Strong sense of organizational skills and able to work independently
- Competent in basic computer and office skills related to essential tasks
- Facilitate positive, timely and collaborative approach to resolution of issues
- Treat sensitive topics and situations with respect, empathy and patience
- Active listening -- understand, interpret, and evaluate what is said
- Think critically using logic and reasoning to assess and problem solve
- Communicate objectively and effectively through written and verbal
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience working DIRECTLY with children/families in the following areas:
- JJS, developmental disabilities, CPS/DCFS, education, foster care, social services, family studies, social work, child development and behavioral/mental health.
- This direct experience is not limited to professional positions but may also include your own personal experience as a parent or caregiver.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass a BCI Criminal Background and DCFS SAFE check
- Must have reliable transportation, Valid Drivers License and Insurance on vehicle
Salary: $13/hour with the opportunity for increase after 90 day probation period based on performance.
This position is a Part-time hourly contracted position up to 29 hours per week, depending on caseload. Contract duration is not limited to a specific time frame. This position is intended to continue based on caseload and individual performance.
Benefits are not provided.
Location: This position covers Emery and Grand County. The ideal location for residence is Moab, UT.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Working with Families with behavioral/mental health disorder: 2 years (Required)
- MS Office: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Reliable Personal Vehicle with Valid Insurance (Required)
- Drivers (Required)