On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series B, YC company (through ImagineK12).
You will be Swing Education’s prospecting guru. Day-to-day you will generate lists of prospective school customers, contact those prospects, present how we can best solve their substitute teacher needs, hold follow-up meetings, and guide these customers to their first filled Swing substitute teacher request. You will develop relationships with principals and HR school leaders, approaching their problems with empathy and an eye towards how Swing Education can help.
You will be leading the way to make a name for Swing in your assigned market and help to build team culture from the ground up. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about talking to and empathizing with educators and administrators, who excel at using tools to track work and data to make decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls, emails and drop-ins
- Research, prospect and sell new charter and private schools in target geographic areas
- Manage your own opportunities by utilizing Salesforce CRM, email and outreach tools and cultivate and maintain your pipeline
- Regularly communicate successes and roadblocks to manager to better inform the team’s goals and targets
- Develop creative, fun, and innovative ways to connect and build out your relationships with potential school partners and share across the team
- Achieve monthly sales goals
- Maintain daily KPIs and metrics
- In-market travel to visit prospects and clients, up to 25-50%
- Passion to tackle the teacher shortage and improve education for K-12 students
- Hustle and drive to attain goals
- Strong phone presence and willingness to make multiple phone and email contacts per day
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Prior sales experience preferred, but not required
- Medical/dental benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Maternity/Paternity leave benefits
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Competitive base salary + commission
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants