Audience Development Director
Men’s Journal seeks an Audience Development Director . This candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience overseeing marketing and audience development functions and working closely with revenue operations at a growth-stage digital media company. The Audience Development Director will be a key part of the leadership team. Prior management experience is a plus.
- Partnerships & Outreach : You will develop deals and maintain relationships with social and digital influencers, publishers, and platforms to drive additional content distribution and audience growth, including places like Flipboard, Google News, and Apple News. You will work closely with the CEO to evaluate & model business development opportunities.
- SEO : You will understand the basics of SEO and determine how to incorporate best practices into product development and editorial workflow.
- Paid Marketing : You will determine the most strategic and optimized use of a limited paid marketing budget and manage marketing programs in determined marketing channels.
- Analytics, Research, & Reporting : You will use analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Parsely, among others) to aggressively optimize all of our activities and understand user behavior - infusing it into the organization. You will oversee the interpretation of data, developing actionable insights for product enhancements and content development. You will develop and maintain an audience growth model, and develop impactful, actionable reporting to inform daily and long-term decision-making.
- Email: You will help us manage our email newsletter(s), aggressively identifying and implementing opportunities to grow its subscription base and optimize its performance, and keep a healthy and engaged list.
- Content strategy : You will work closely with our editorial team, sharing insights and making content recommendations that will help to supercharge audience growth and engagement.
- Social media & Distributed Content : Develop and implement a social media strategy for distributing content across platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc, and build audience engagement as well as leverage the platforms to drive qualified audience acquisition strategy on Mensjournal.com. Coordinate experiments to improve social media best practices and work with those who are managing our social media accounts. You will work on our video distribution strategy across platforms.
- Revenue : Work closely with the revenue team on fulfilling their campaign requirements, especially across social media and work closely with programmatic revenue operations.
- Industry Knowledge : You will constantly evaluate new social/digital platforms, marketing services, and ad products, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry.
- The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following Qualities
The Audience Development Director should have extensive digital media experience and expertise in analyzing consumer behavior and turning this data into actionable recommendations.
- A background in consumer-facing digital marketing, audience development, and analytics roles with experience in social media, email marketing, partnerships, SEO, and paid marketing, ideally at content-driven organizations.
- Intimate familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube and a passion for social media.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook among others.
- The ability to work closely with creative teams and influence and train on digital marketing principles and best practices.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture, but also an enjoyment of hands-on, day-to-day operations. Creative approach to problem-solv
Job Type: Full-time