The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel to provide general legal support for clinical trial agreements and related documents for the United States and Canada, including contract drafting, negotiation, training and general legal support. This position will also provide legal support for cross-regional matters related to clinical trial contracting, investigator initiated study agreements and collaborative research.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Counsel for United States and Canada Clinical Trials, you will:
- Provide practical and timely guidance on clinical trial related issues in the North America region (US and Canada) as well as support for cross-regional issues.
- Draft and review Clinical Trial Agreements, Master Clinical Trial Agreements, Delegations of Authority, Informed Consent materials, Alternate Clause (Fallback) documents and other related documents and templates, as well as preparing guidance and training materials to support the efficient and compliant negotiation of clinical research related agreements in the United States and Canada.
- Be a primary point of contact for internal and external legal contract escalations in the region and will work closely with legal colleagues including in the regulatory, patent and litigation groups within Johnson & Johnson to address specific issues and concerns.
- Work closely with other regional lawyers (in each of the other three key regional areas –Asia Pacific, Latin America and EMEA) as well as cross-functional teams including clinical, medical affairs, regulatory, compliance, tax and other business functions to develop global policies and practices to facilitate consistent and efficient support for clinical trials.
- Work will be in a multi-disciplinary, diverse environment, and in close connection with other European, US, Latin America and APAC legal colleagues.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of legal experience with a minimum of 5 years supporting clinical trial or other research related agreements is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as in-house counsel or in a law firm supporting corporate clients in the healthcare sector or other technology and innovation driven sectors is required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements such as clinical trial agreements, informed consent forms, confidentiality agreements, delegations of authority and other clinical research-related agreements is required.
- Knowledge of current laws, regulations and industry standards governing clinical trials, such as FDA regulations, ICH Guidelines, and GCPs is required.
- Must understand contract law and have strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels and across functions.
- Ability to operate effectively within a dynamic and challenging international environment, and a passion for the healthcare industry is required.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, both domestically and internationally, is required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson (6067)