Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
We are seeking an experienced Senior Territory Sales Manager with a biology background to drive instrument sales growth, develop new business opportunities and relationships, and provide excellent customer service. This position is ideal for a “Persuasive” salesperson who craves autonomy in their day-to-day activities, wants to exercise their creativity in the implementation and execution of new sales and marketing activities, and enjoys working as part of a larger regional team to achieve regional and national sales goals. The territory sales manager guides and educates our customers through the sales process.
The person in this position will manage the sales process in their territory from early account development, marketing and prospecting, to arranging and completing a successful product demonstration through sales close, post-sale installation and training, and follow up support activities with the assistance of inside sales staff and a local Applications Scientist. The ideal candidate will have laboratory equipment sales experience with a history of achieving or exceeding sales goals and laboratory work experience in biology, immunology, bio-engineering, or a related field.
Territory is Boston area and Longwood area focus (Cambridge excluded), Western Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and potential New England Northern States.
Business Development Duties:
- Partner with the Regional Business Development Manager to develop a sales strategy for the overall territory and for key accounts within the territory
- Expert understanding of every stage of the sales process, when to use or skip ahead, or slow down – can qualify and prioritize activities to maximize efficiently and results.
- Expert on pipeline, existing customer base and target accounts for future growth.
- Confidence in selling full product line and recommending solutions for a wide range of applications and needs.
- Generates and shares best practices, market trends, and competitor information with the rest of sales and marketing team
- Expert in pipeline management, proactively filling the funnel with new leads, developing opportunities and efficiently managing time to focus on prioritized customers and accounts.
- Cultivate and grow our existing customer base
- Stay current with the competitive landscape and business trends
- Contribute to and communicate with the regional team to share insights, achievements, best practices and learning opportunities
- Follow existing SOPs for lead generation, product demonstrations, etc. and create and share new SOPs describing any successful programs you develop
- Understand potential customer’s research goals and communicate how Nexcelom’s products can help them achieve these goals
- Organize in-lab demonstrations customized to the customer’s research needs
- Partner with Field Application Scientist to successfully execute a technical demonstration that addresses customer’s needs, questions, and concerns
- Organize and deliver technical presentations to introduce Nexcelom’s technology in key accounts and drive customer interest
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-6 years previous experience selling equipment to life science research labs is required.
- Experience working in a research or clinical lab setting (2+ years)
- Proven track record to develop new business and new markets.
- Experience in reagent sales strongly desired
- Established network and key account knowledge in the area is highly preferred
- Knowledge and application of strategic planning, development sales strategy and tactical implementation within your specified territory
- Focus on sales outcomes with clear measures and metrics
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with a broad range of personnel
- Effectively apply communication skills to build and maintain relationships and to influence others
- Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish organizational goals and identify and resolve problems
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen a necessity
- Problem solving, decision-making and technical learning
- Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically
- B.S. degree with lab experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bio-engineering or related field. Advanced degree would be a plus.
- Experience in the following areas is considered a plus: cell biology, cell culture, microscopy, flow cytometry and cell-based assays
- Territory is Boston area and Longwood area focus (Cambridge excluded), Western Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and potential New England Northern States
- The candidate would ideally be based in the Western Mass /Boston area
- Travel to other states as needed for business development and team building activities
- Travel is approximately 50-75%
- Mileage on a personal vehicle will be reimbursed and a company credit card can be used for other travel expenses
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Selling equipment to life science research labs: 4 years (Required)
- Research or Clinical Lab: 2 years (Required)