The HR Generalist, Business Partner provides support for the Great Lakes Window Manufacturing facility in Walbridge, OH. The HR Generalist, Business Partner provide HR leadership in the following areas: performance management, employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation, engagement, supervisory coaching, payroll and change management. The role has oversight for all site HR administrative processes and payroll processing. An ideal candidate for HR Generalist, Business Partner nequires an extremely perceptive personwho is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within theorganization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs. They will ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures and compliance with all laws/statutes regulating the employment relationship. They will partner with HR leadership and HR Operations on implementation of HR strategy and company wide initiatives.
- Promote and support the business and HR strategies designed to align the business lines and grow the business
- Lead retention efforts
- Drive performance culture through manager coaching and effective use of metrics and tools
- Ensure culture reflects the Cornerstone Buildings Brand mission, vision, and values through proactive employee relations and management coaching
- Partner with talent acquisition and corporate to build organizational bench strength by acting as a liaison with the business to enable recruitment of top talent with a strong cultural fit
- Mitigate risk to the organization by assisting with employee relations including disciplinary action, complaints, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with investigations and documentation in accordance with company policies and best practices.
- Implement and execute performance management programs and procedures, including but not limited to performance appraisals and performance improvement plans.
- Advise, counsel, and update managers, supervisors, and employees on company policies, practices, procedures, benefits, and wages
- Lead and participate in HR projects as needed, including cross functional and business initiatives
- Ensure payroll and other HR administrative processes are completed accurately and on-time
Skills and Abilities:
- This role is a human resources generalist requiring a range of experience in employee relations, change management, coaching and performance management.
- Must possess the ability to manage a broad range of tasks and build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations to leadership as required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3- 5 years of HR/Generalist experience in a manufacturing or industrial company with Union experience preferred
- Strong influence and change management skills
- Ability to counsel and coach at all levels
- Problem-solving skills, with the ability to generate pragmatic, win-win solutions
- Judgment and decision-making skills
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Ability to manage competing priorities, delivering quality work in a timely manner
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.