Does providing assistance to claimants through a challenging time give you satisfaction? Do you enjoy verifying claim file information? If you enjoy speaking to people, guiding them through a process and ensuring they are taken care of, we may have a job for you!
Please note, we are looking to find many candidates who are willing to start relatively quickly. The first one - three weeks of assignment for training require 100% attendance; we prefer individuals who will not require time off in the month of August.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
· Research and respond to written and telephone inquiries from customers regarding unemployment claim status, program requirements and procedures.
· Make determinations on eligibility issues and complete written decisions to parties of interest following policy, legal precedents and state and federal law.
· Review reports on unemployment insurance activity; identify and correct errors and conduct follow-up with appropriate parties as necessary.
· INBOUND PHONE WORK
· Willingness to work on a short-term project.
· Other duties as deemed appropriate.
Hours: Requires open availability Monday through Friday 7am - 6pm PST and Sunday 9:30am - 4:30pm PST; NO SATURDAY HOURS
Requires a high school diploma or GED
4 years of work experience performing administrative, customer or employment service duties.
These duties must include:
· Providing information and assistance to customers by receiving and processing information.
· Assisting or directing customers in implementing and completing necessary steps to resolve issues or satisfy inquires.
· **Related college-level coursework may be substituted for the four years of required work experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.**
The preferred applicant will have experience with:
· Call Centers
· Claims Processing
· Eligibility Determinations and/or Unemployment Insurance Experience
· Drafting Written Decisions
· Strong Writing Skills
· Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program - You must be able to provide your own equipment AND set up your own workstation. A private, distraction-free workspace is necessary as you will have access to confidential information.
· Secure home internet access required; no Hotspots, must be WiFi or preferred connection of an ethernet cable wired from modem
· Minimum Internet Speed Requirement: 20 Mbps download speed; 5Mbps upload
· Conduct a speed test (fast.com) to verify your own speed results
System must meet the minimum requirements - screenshots of your system will be required to be considered
· RAM Memory: Minimum 4 GB of RAM; 8 GB RAM preferred
· PC Hard Drive Storage: Minimum 64 GB HD; 128 GB SSD or 5400 RPM preferred
· PC Operating System: Minimum Windows 10.
· USB Headset
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)