As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for five consecutive years.
The Integrated Service Center (ISC) provides single point of contact for high volume HR/Payroll inquiries at the University of Washington. Positions in this class series work in a service center environment using case management software and Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) software to address questions related to HR, Benefits and Payroll.
The ISC has an outstanding full time opportunity for an ISC Customer Service Representative. This recruitment will be used to fill multiple openings.
Working in the ISC, perform Tier 1 front-line “service desk” support work for users of Workday HCM software and customers of the University’s HR/Payroll processes.
Under direct supervision and through the structure provided by ServiceNow case management software, operate as a member of a team dedicated to executing Tier 1 customer support functions within the ISC framework. Contact with customers is primarily transactional in nature and is highly structured by established policies and procedures.
- Perform front-line “service desk” support, serving as the first point of contact for resolution of HR and Payroll inquiries directed to the ISC by the University’s faculty, staff and student workers.
- Identify, research and resolve user questions and inquiries regarding Workday functionality.?Act as first level technical response to items such as log-in issues, information in Workday that appears to be incorrect, etc.
- Resolve inquiries based on established ISC policies and procedures and adhere to service center processes and workflow.
- Answer a high volume of inbound calls in a fast-paced service center working environment.
- Assist walk-in customers with routine questions and/or by reviewing materials, asking questions, and determining the appropriate Workday process.
- Coordinate efficiently with a combination of HCM, Benefits, and Payroll resources within the ISC and advanced domain experts external to the ISC to address inquiries that should be escalated.
- Serve as a liaison between Workday end users and other ISC staff to ensure timely, appropriate transfer of information and response to inquiries.
- Utilize ServiceNow to facilitate management of inquiries/issues in accordance with established protocols.
- Escalate complex issues to Sr. Customer Support Representatives or Tier 2 specialists within the ISC as well as in Central Business Units (CBUs) external to the ISC as required.
- Use ServiceNow to facilitate management of inquiries/issues in accordance with established protocols.
- Support periodic Workday update processes, including testing of employee self-service functions.
- Assist with the identification and verification of additions/changes to the ISC working repository of knowledge content.
- Assist in developing and verifying relevant content to support ISC training.
- Take messages for staff and management.
- Perform related duties as required.
High school graduation or equivalent
One (1) year of general office experience or experience in customer service, telephone sales or problem resolution
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work in an open office environment and contribute to collaborative team work focused on problem-solving. Daily interactions with other team members, subject matter experts and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.