Inventory Logistics Coordinator (Operations Supervisor 1 – MR06)
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
The Inventory Logistics Coordinator oversees the receipt, distribution, and management of hardware within the IT division at the University. This involves handling the logistics of receiving hardware, ensuring accurate distribution to the appropriate recipients, and maintaining an organized and up-to-date inventory system.
This role has daily oversight of the central receiving and storeroom for Information Technology. The position plays a vital role in supporting the IT division's operations by effectively managing the hardware resources and ensuring that the IT storeroom is properly maintained.
Hardware Receiving & Distribution
- Provides daily oversight of the receiving
- Performs assigned tasks and follows established IT and System policies and procedures
- Receives, delivers, tags, and ships supplies and surplus items
- Receives and inspects hardware shipments against purchase orders and packing lists
- Manages inventory records and tracks serial numbers for received hardware items
- Enters and retrieves data from tracking and management system
- Coordinates with suppliers and shipping companies to ensure accurate and smooth delivery
- Delivers assets to appropriate team after documentation
- Leads, trains, and provides technical guidance and assistance to others
IT Inventory Management & IT Storeroom Management
- Assists in developing procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and university policies and regulations
- Unloads and stocks supplies and surplus items
- Orders, organizes, and maintains stockroom or supply stores
- Identifies low stock items and requests orders
- Conducts inventory counts and inspections
- Leads in conducting annual inventory audits
- Assists with planning for supplies for IT organization
Documentation and Reporting
- Responsible for financial reconciliation, processing p-card transactions, and creating requisitions and invoices
- Provides work direction to employees and assists with training
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven experience in a hardware receiving or similar role, demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Proven organization, communication, analysis and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong communications skills including verbal, written, and presentation
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills to interact with suppliers and team members
- Core competencies include, analytical thinking, initiative, teamwork, efficiency, problem solving and accountability
- Strong customer service skills required
- Ability to handle packages/equipment 20-30 pounds unassisted
Review of applications will begin September 18, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Minimum Qualifications: Typically requires a high school diploma and three years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and higher education experience is preferred.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.