Managing Funeral Director
We are looking for an Managing Funeral Director for one or more locations. Do you have a proven track record of motivating your team and location towards success? Do you thrive in seeing your team succeed in making ensuring their client families are care for and provide 100% quality service? Have you set goals for your location(s), and worked with your team successfully achieve them? Would you like to work with a company voted "Best of the Best" by Press Enterprise and a "Top Workplace"?
The Manager of any Miller-Jones funeral home is responsible for ensuring quality service on all fronts, from providing exceptional family service on funerals to promoting the Miller-Jones name within the community – and everything in between. Historically the Manager has been a well-respected member of the community and an ambassador for the business on all levels. This is a highly visible role, not only within the business but also throughout the community.
As Manager, you ensure that your team remains well trained, engaged, focused and above all driven to serve the families’ needs. This varied and exciting role is both demanding and highly rewarding, with no two days the same.
You will still need to meet with families and coordinate arrangements as a Funeral Directors as needed, including following through with all the necessary information reports, obituaries and funeral contracts. You are at all time expected to provide total quality care and the highest respect to the deceased, to treat each family as if it was our own and to represent Miller-Jones with dignity, honesty, loyalty and dependability whether on the job or in the community.
Must be a licensed funeral director in the State of California, and at least 2 years of funeral home management experience. Required a valid driver license in good standing for last 3 years. Bilingual (English Spanish) is a plus in this position.
- Education: Minimum 2 year Associates degree preferred, or equivalent in work experience.
- CA Funeral Director's License
- Drivers License: Class C in good standing for 3 years
- Computer: Ability to operate MS Office software, including MS Outlook, Office and Excel.
- Math: Requires accurate math skills, adding, subtracting, dividing, percentages, and discounts.
- Regulations: Complete knowledge and understanding of H-S Code (7100). Knowledge of and maintain training on FTC rules and guidelines, state law, OSHA and policy and procedures.
The Funeral Arranger must be able to lift, push or pull at least 100 lbs to assist on removals as necessary or assist with caskets. Ability to work outdoors for services, rain or shine.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Funeral Director: 4 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Funeral Director (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement