- Intercepts and routes incoming calls, takes thorough messages, and provides basic information to callers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates a multi-line phone system.
- Answers all incoming calls in a prompt, polite, professional manner, transferring them to the appropriate person or department quickly, or operating the dealership paging system to call individuals to the phone.
- Minimizes the time callers are on hold and checks back with them frequently to ensure they wish to continue holding.
- Takes detailed messages when call cannot be completed including caller's name, telephone number, time of call, and information requested, and delivers to appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Screens incoming calls as requested by managers.
- Develops knowledge of basic dealership information in order to respond to callers who have general inquiries.
- Notifies telephone company maintenance department of any problems with the phone system.
- Updates and distributes dealership phone directory as needed.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- No prior experience or training
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ON JOB TRAINING / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Manufacturer Training and Certification
- Compliance Training through Compligo
- Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance through KPA
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time; use hands to grab and reach files; type on a computer; and to talk or hear, both in person and by telephone.
- Employee must occasionally lift and carry office supplies up to 10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and expansive reading.
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Office setting is busy with frequent interruptions but noise level is usually quiet.
- Employee will spend long hours on computer entering financial information that requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- M-F 4 PM-8 PM, with one weekday off, and every Saturday 12 PM-8 PM.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent