Anki is a leading consumer robotics company, founded by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates. We're building on decades of scientific research to make artificial intelligence accessible to everyone. We are dedicated to creating unique consumer products that people would not expect to be possible, powered by robotics and AI.
We deliver accessible consumer robots at high-scale, along the way solving incredibly hard, real-world robotics problems while building a great consumer brand and company. Our products perform under a wide variety of real-world conditions in people's homes, every day, reliably and consistently and aim to represent the premium and most capable choice in the categories they are in.
We push the boundaries of expectations for what an affordable and accessible consumer robot can do today and we're leveraging our presence in more than a million households to build a software, hardware and cloud technology stack that will power a wide variety of even more capable consumer robots in the near future.
To date, we have closed more than $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and JP Morgan Chase.
We're proud to be regarded as industry leaders in the consumer robotics & AI space. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the "Robotics" Category (2015, 2016 & #2 in 2017)
- CB Insight Artificial 100 List (2017 & 2018)
- Robotics Business Review "RBR50" List 2017
- San Francisco Business Times Tech & Innovation Awards 2017
Visit the Anki website ( https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/3319f8b2cc2e2680824b13cae71f91b7ccb25b66?url=http%3A%2F%2Fanki.com%2F&userId=1863325&signature=9f6bf3bc012e941f ) and find us on Facebook ( https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/ee2d10dc7e46da2398fb0ee2864f4b6e9908ba67?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FAnki&userId=1863325&signature=b26993ebf7fb8fee ) and YouTube ( https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/c7d04e6eab1c85c305ce0e82020e737a844cd7ca?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fanki&userId=1863325&signature=07003ab8c14f1f71 ) to learn more.
We are on the lookout for talented Systems Engineers to join our team. Anki is building innovative products with creative games and sophisticated AI, and as our Systems Engineer, you will be creating and improving the core functionality that drives our robots. Working with designers, artists, and other software engineers to build the structures that make everything possible.
- Working with a team of OS/Engine developers
- Facilitating platform optimization
- Implementing data processing systems
- Creating and improving build processes and tools
- Integrating 3rd party libraries
- 4+ years professional experience in C++
- 4+ years professional experience in development of shipping software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional software engineering and programming background, with experience developing in teams and keeping on schedule
- Comfortable with Agile methods and fast turnaround
- Experience with Android and/or Embedded Linux systems
- Experience developing tools and build systems
- Previous startup experience is a strong plus
- Experience with Performance, Optimization, Stability, and Security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you'll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!